Saturday, October 3, 2015

"The Green Inferno" - Gore? or Lack there of....

TOM H
REVIEWS
THE GREEN INFERNO



This film was billed to follow the lineage of “Cannibal Holocaust” and other films of similar subject matter, while “The Green Inferno” does offer some gruesome scenes it does not really go over the top. The film effects were done really well and I can see how some people that have a weak stomach for horror in general to be a little squeamish to feel that this film was really grotesque!

“The Green Inferno” had a somewhat predictable storyline that cheapened film for some, I personally felt regardless of the storyline the film was done pretty well and did not exceed my expectations while not particularly falling short of my expectations either. I have had conversations with many people regarding my taste in horror films over the years and I always say that big budget films should produce a better quality product and they don’t… This would be the first review of a relatively large budget film that I have done in quite some time.

I chose this film because of the hype involved and I really wanted to tell my audience about this film in the most honest way that I can. I do believe Eli Roth can do better and he has with his films “Hostel” and “Cabin Fever”, he seemed to take it easy on the audience by not allowing himself to truly grab ahold of the terror that he could have portrayed in a situation such as this. Yes, there were some gruesome moments; however those moments could have escalated over the course of the film by making each situation grow more intense as the film moved on.

I do plan on viewing the film “Knock Knock” because much like “The Green Inferno”, it appears to have a really solid storyline and intense factor.  I am also really excited about Eli’s film “MEG” coming out in 2017 due to the fact that I have read Steve Alten’s book’s and really enjoyed them. I do want to hear what everyone has to say about “The Green Inferno”... 

No comments:

Post a Comment