Thursday, October 4, 2012

Interview with Writer/Director Jason Figgis: @JasonFiggis100


I had the pleasure speaking with Writer/Director Jason Figgis about his current work as well as some future projects. Jason is a cool dude that was fun to talk to; I did get some great information regarding the filming of his upcoming feature-length film “The Ecstasy of Isabel Mann”; the movie is in post-production and should be ready very very soon!  Jason has very good insight into the world of making films and he has done several films already that I have had the opportunity to read about or watch and I have to say he’s very good at it.



Poster for "The Ecstasy of Isabel Mann"

Synopsis for "The Ecstasy of Isabel Mann": ''The Ecstasy of Isabel Mann'' is the story of troubled teenager Isabel Mann (Ellen Mullen) who is seduced into an incredibly violent sect of day-walking vampires. Her class mates start to go missing and on the trail of the gruesome murders are two detectives; Witham (Neill Fleming) - who believes her to be the prime suspect and Barrett (Matthew Toman) - who has his doubts. Nothing is quite as it seems for those about her as the disturbed teenager runs amok killing at will in the woodlands by her home; aided by her vampire guides Mirjana (Mirjana Rendulic) and Alejo (Karim Elgendy) who are training her in the art of the kill - with horrifically bloody results for those closest to her.

He will also be shooting a film in the future that will be done in a 24 hour period; I will not tell you much about the film because I don’t want to spoil anything or give his idea away to anyone else; I just know the idea sounds amazing and you should all be following him so you can find out more about these upcoming projects. I will be providing information for him as he requests so you can always find out here as well.  Jason’s method of using his actors/actresses is interesting; “The Ecstasy of Isabel Mann” was done without any rehearsed scenes!

This is not the last time I will be speaking with Jason; I will keep in touch with him not only to help him gain more exposure but I will do it so all of the fans of indie horror can see what he’s doing. I can’t allow you to go without seeing these amazing films! 


No comments:

Post a Comment