Saturday, August 8, 2015

Tom H's Review of "Wyrmwood: Road of the Dead"

Tom H’s Blog of Horror
Reviews
WYRMWOOD
ROAD OF THE DEAD

In 2013 I was able to watch 7 minutes of the film “Wyrmwood” and I was pretty excited to find out more! After a couple of years and lots of updates, “Wyrmwood” is finally able to be viewed! ON NETFLIX!

I sat down for the first time in a while and anxiously awaited my stupid app to load the film and watched one of the most awesome zombie films that I have had the opportunity to see! This film was full of action and had some unique qualities! I have watched a lot of zombie films in my life and I could easily compare this with any Resident Evil film! “Wyrmwood” was described as “Mad Max” meets “Dawn of the Dead”…. I do agree.. Very much so!

The film’s intense action and storyline had me glued to the screen and entertained wanting to see more gruesome kills and anticipating what twists would come, and “Wyrmwood” certainly did have a twist that I did not see coming and it was delivered in such a way to where it did not seem ridiculous!

Tristan & Kiah Roache-Turner have quickly become one of my favorite filmmakers in the genre and I am fucking excited to see what they do next!! Coming from an area where there are hardly any filmmakers it is nice to know I can always reach out to the community and find quality films that I can share with others that may not know so much about indie films!





No comments:

Post a Comment