Thursday, November 7, 2013

Movie Review: "Don't Go To The Reunion" by Kevin Sommerfield


Plot Outline
Scott Rantzen (Brady Simenson) is a horror movie loving misfit who is teased by the popular students in school. When a date with the very popular and very beautiful Erica Carpenter (Stephanie Leigh Rose) backfires, he feels as though his life is ruined. Ten years later, the gang reunites for their class reunion. Little do they know that someone is waiting for them and ready to see that they pay for what they did. Is Scott back for revenge and will the old gang survive to tell the tale? It'll be more gore for Class of 04.

MY REVIEW
Tonight I was sent an online screener of “Don’t Go to the Reunion” by Kevin Sommerfield; The good points would be the film was done very well with okay acting and really good effects. When I look at Indie films I look deeper into the film’s quality and the ability to pull off a great film on a small budget at the same level as the larger budget films you see going national. Kevin Sommerfield does just that! He put together an awesome film that kept me glued the entire time! I do understand that this storyline is not an original one; in fact the killers mimicking other horror films to kill people has been done and so has the whole revenge plot. I honestly felt I was watching a slasher from the 80's! The feeling I had was truly fucking amazing! What's that word? Nostalgic?

Regardless of the plot being less than original; the film was great and I love seeing Indie Horror Film makers succeed in making quality films that really show off their skills! This film showed me that Slasher Studios has a great ability to pull off some awesome horror films and I can’t wait to see more from them in the future! 

Tom H's Blog of Horror Overall Score! 7 out of 10!!



FACEBOOK PAGE
SLASHER STUDIOS
Like My Reviews- Please Donate!!

No comments:

Post a Comment