Monday, October 1, 2012

Movie Review: "Railway Children" @JasonFiggis100


WHAT IF PLAYTIME LASTED FOREVER?






 
RAILWAY CHILDREN - Official Trailer from Jason Figgis on Vimeo.

My Thoughts:

The idea behind the movie has sorta been used before but the execution was different with this movie.  I won’t tell you the movie that I am referring to but I will tell you this movie has more emphasis on the characters than the other movie.  I really enjoyed seeing the flashbacks and how each child was impacted by the events that occurred so that was a highlight for me. I am and always will be a fan of the end of the world/apocalyptic type scenarios. I like the vision that the Director Jason Figgis has with this movie. Seeing what other people think it will look like in a situation where either a virus or other type of disaster kills millions of people makes me excited all the way to the end. Again, the story was great and the idea was executed very well !!

The only negative part I could see with the movie is that the pace at the beginning was a bit slow with just the two sisters; but when others start showing up on screen the movie gains continuous momentum all the way to the end. Obviously not the traditional horror flick but I feel that there is room for good story telling in the Horror genre and this movie gives you that.

My Blog of Horror Originality Rating is 8 out of 10!
My Blog of Horror Overall Scare factor is 5 out of 10!

This movie is not to be a “Scary”  movie but you should be scared that this could be your future or the future your kids are faced with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment