Friday, September 14, 2012

DEVIL'S ELBOW: Part Two by Tom Highway

If you haven't read part one yet, here is the link: http://tomhblogofhorror.blogspot.com/2012/01/devils-elbow-by-jason-lorah.html

As we sit here, I start to think about what I can do to get us out of here alive. The girl just fell asleep on the couch in the living room and my friend is nowhere to be found; almost like he vanished into thin air. I have searched the house for a map so I can find out just how far Salem is from our location and the best route to take. I don’t know how I am not losing my fucking mind but I know this much; if I find out that this a being from another planet I will probably shit myself. I have never been the type to believe in the nonsense that we are not alone. If we weren’t then why the fuck don’t we have visitors coming to our planet to party; I mean hell, isn’t Vegas the sort of place those freaks would hang out?
I have tried to lay down about thirty times but I can’t seem to take my mind off of this stuff; the girl sleeps which is surprising after all the fucking screaming she was doing. What the hell is her name anyway? I guess in the heat of all the craziness you don’t really care what another person’s name is.  As I sit here I can’t help but wonder where my kid is; Salem is about thirty five minutes away from where he and my ex live and I must find a way there to get him before heading to Salem. Maybe his crazy ass mom managed to do the right thing for a change and they are safe; knowing her and her obsession with stupidity they are probably still at home and unknowing of what is happening around us.
“Hello?!?” The girl awakens and shouts.
“I’m here.” I replied.
“Anything happening?” She asked
“No, just trying to plan out what we’re going to do. Did you sleep well?” I asked.
About that time a crash is heard outside, the sound of something smashing a window.
“Fuck!” I said running over to the window to sneak a peek out through the blinds.
“What is it?” The girl asked as she begins to freak the fuck out.
As I looked out the window I see various shadows moving fast but I can’t see a really good view of what it is.
“OH MY GOD!!  AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!”  A man is heard screaming from across the road.
“Get your shit, we have to go! Find as much food as you can in the kitchen!” I screamed out at the girl.
As she jumped up and ran for the kitchen I ask.
“What’s your name? Fuck, I need to know what to call you!”
“Amanda, Amanda Dodson.” She said with a question as if she was wondering why the hell I was worried about that right now.
Amanda continues to the kitchen as I pack up the few firearms I brought into the house to protect us. A few minutes passes and Amanda comes out with a couple grocery bags of food.
“Ok, we need to run fast for the car.” I shouted.
Before we got out of the door a sharp harpoon looking thing shot across the road and hit Amanda in the chest! It latched on and quickly pulled her back towards them; I started running for the car to the sounds of Amanda screaming. Once at the car I got in and started it up and dropped it into gear taking off down the road. I don’t know how many were there; I do know this there were a lot of them! And now they have Amanda. I drive for an hour heading in the direction of Salem and my kid. I turn on the radio in the car and hit scan, the radio scans for a minute and stops on a station where I hear the same man as I heard earlier.
“We have been over run in Salem, about half of us are gone and the rest of us have started to head out towards Elephant Rock, about three hours south of here. I am sorry we can’t wait any longer, if you hear this then you need to hurry and head to Elephant Rock. God Bless you all!”
What the fuck? I was thinking I would meet with others but now I must get to my kid and see if they are okay. About twenty more minutes I’ll be there and I can decide what the fuck to do from there.
Twenty minutes go by……
As I pull into my ex’s driveway I realize there are no lights on; I am already preparing for the worst. As I walk up to the door I hear some of the similar noises of those creatures from a distance.  I turn the door knob and it opens; nobody is around that I can see.
“Austin! Where are you? You guys here?” I shouted!
An eerie silence overwhelms me; they probably went to Salem. As I turn around to head out the door I hear a noise from upstairs. I head up the stairs and see the most horrific sight I have ever seen when I made it to the top of the stairs. There was a man sprawled out on the floor with his eyes removed and a hole in his chest. This is the first dead body I have come across, the creatures must be getting sloppy.
“Daddy!?” Austin shouts!
Thank GOD! He’s here! I run into his bedroom and meet him as he is climbing out of is toy box.
“Where is your mom?” I asked.
“She was taken by something.” Austin said trembling.
“Do you know what you seen?” I inquired.
“No Dad, it was too dark and they are fast.” Austin said.
“Let’s get out of here before they come back.” I said softly.
Right now I am happy to get my son back, although this isn’t going to be easy. Where are we going to stay tonight? Where can we stay where those things can’t find us? Should I head to Devil’s Elbow? It only makes sense…
PART THREE COMING SOON!

No comments:

Post a Comment