Thursday, March 6, 2014

Movie Review: "Devil's Door" by Alpesh Patel

By Alpesh Patel

I watched another found footage film called “Devil’s Door” directed by Alpesh Patel! I was not disappointed; this film was pretty cool with the storyline that was in place as well as some pretty good effects! There were a few times I expected cheap jump scares but I was surprised at the fact that there was a small amount of them. While most found footage films that involve the paranormal are typically the same; this film has some differences which were welcomed!

This film I could compare to some of the better found footage films that have been released in the past 5 years and it easily surpassed films like “The Bay” and “The Last Exorcism”! I recommend this film to found footage lover’s because it is unique; I won’t lie and say it’s the best out and I won’t lie and say that there isn’t some similarities to other films. I am just saying it offers something different with its storyline. Give it a view and support our Indie Horror Filmmakers!

This is an example of how indie horror films don't get the recognition or exposure they deserve! A true paranormal experience that doesn't over complicate with too much over the top shit that doesn't help the film at all.

PLOT SUMMARY:

4 Puerto Rican girls encounter a satanic diary that could be the key to stopping their demonic hauntings.



No comments:

Post a Comment